Hello all you lovelies out there! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a Merry Christmas too! Mine was pretty awesome 😀 Fairly weird weather aside, it was a family filled day (week) of love & joy with little (and big) ones running around with the best food, so yes, not too shabby lol.
I am pretty excited for these posts! As these are my 1st “end of the year” posts. I started this blog in Jan 2015 so I was eagerly waiting for it to be time to write them. What a year it has been in the wedding world. I would have to say the biggest trend of this past year was Color! Lots & lots of Color! Along with brides and grooms doing their own thing. Not so much breaking away from tradition or leaving the “old ways” behind. But incorporating them into their weddings and making new traditions that fit into their new lives together as a whole. And that’s what Marriage is all about right? Two lives joining as one living in harmony (most of the time lol).
And what a year it has been for Wedding Gowns! So, so many GORGEOUS Gowns! I have a love for wedding gowns of all kinds but I reeeeally seem to have an affinity for the unique, off-beat, not your grandmother’s kind the most. So instead of one huge post of all my favs, I’ve decided to make 3 smaller ones. #1 Traditional Gowns, #2 Affordable Gowns, and #3 Unique & Colour Gowns. Enjoy the eye candy! ~♡
1. Mary’s Bridal Gowns – Karelina Sposa Collection. MarysBridal.com French tulle bridal ball gown with strapless sweetheart neckline, with embroidery and crystal beading, and back zipper with buttons all the way to the end of the chapel train. The glam! The Buttons! I am such a sucker for buttons all the way down the back of a gown! Just try and Not feel like a princess in this number, I dare ya!
2. Stella York – Style# 5922
Handcrafted Diamante beading and Lace in your choice of Ivory, White or Gold. And the sexy shoulder straps with plunging V neck frame your face and draw the eye, while the fit-and-flare silhouette hugs your every curve. This elegant gown has it all. Classic design, gorgeous beaded lace & a lil bit of sexy! Perfect.
3. Stella York Bridal – ROMANTIC LACE OVER SATIN WEDDING DRESS STYLE 6124 EssenceDesigns.com The all over lace & sweetheart neckline are just killer on this gown! Sweet but sexy at the same time. Gorgeous! And I really love the matching veil 🙂
4. Lazaro Style LZ3552 – sold by jlmcouture.com I absolutely adore the print on this ball gown! Soft, silky & pretty but eye catching too! And the sweetest little touch of lace edging on the neckline. Love!
5. Beaded Lace 3/4 Sleeved Wedding Dress by Oleg Cassini sold by DavidsBridal.com
This dress is one of those dresses that you need to see to believe. And lucky for me, I have. It is Stunning!! It Sparkles & Shines! And is soft & light weight as can be. It hugs your curves and makes them better instead of making them stick out! I highly recommend seeing this dress in person. You’ll be very pleasantly surprised.
6. Strapless Satin Ball gown with Beaded Waist & Detachable Beaded Yoke Style #2543 by Alfred Angelo sold at
The Perfect Fit
Would you just look at the simple beauty of this gown!
7. “Yvette” by Maggie Sottero. A simply gorgeous Mikado Silk A-line gown with a sweetheart neck & popover beaded lace bolero. This is LOVE!
8. “Carolina” by Maggie Sottero – A distinct, scalloped, illusion V-neckline and cap-sleeve bodice w/ keyhole back. This gorgeous beauty has an ebb & flow that would make a Queen feel iconic. My face hurts just looking at this dress *Sigh*
9. “Niobie” by Ersa Atelier Fall 2015 Bridal Collection featured on WayOutWedding.com
Inspired by women’s greatness throughout history for their 2015 collection, the designers made every gown a wearable masterpiece. “It brings out a beautiful and extravagant contrast between the contemporary and baroque periods,’’ say designers Cristina and Gabriela Antonescu. And I have a feeling the great Queen Niobie would approve! Just Stunning!
10. Allure Bridals Romance Collection Style #8800 – A Charmeuse Slip and Tulle Lace Appliqué Overlay with Embroidered Crystals. This gown is just one of those gowns. The kind of gown that makes jaws drop and makes everyone sigh and say “She looks AMAZING!” We’re talking Mommas crying & Hubby’s-to-be feeling faint. Yes Ma’am. I had the privilege of seeing this gown in person at the bridal shop! It looks 100 times as amazing in person. Seriously. It’s TDF!
11. “Gabrielle” by Claire Pettibone – Capped sleeve corded champagne embroidery with illusion back, Swarovski jeweled Guipure trim.
I swoon over this gown everytime I see it! The lace plus the jeweled trim is just stunning! Plus, it’s a Claire! Win-win in my book! At ClairePettibone.com
12. “The Palma” by Naeem Khan. A 100% silk gown with floral embroidery & beading by the mile, this beautiful long sleeved wedding gown is just a dream! And then a simple thin belt with a skinny bow to tie it all together. A true work of art any bride would love to call her own 😀 *Swoon City!*
Sold by ModaOperandi.com
13. Moonlight Couture Bridal Style H1299. Sold by ThePerfectFit.com
This gown is so amazing! The sleeves & optional train are just the bomb! I’m mean wow! Definitely a show stopper.
Ok loves, so there we have it. These gowns might be described as traditional but I think they are Anything but ordinary! Do you like my picks so far? What were your picks for this year? I’d love to hear! And don’t forget to add a Lil Dapper to your Everyday! Keep an eye out for parts 2 & 3 this week. See y’all next time 😀